About Worthington's Screw Air Compressors
- Worthington Creyssensac have been manufacturing compressors since 1934, building a strong reputation for piston compressors, followed by screw compressors in 1966.
- At Compressors and Washers Ltd, we have built a strong working relationship for Worthington over 35 years, gaining a premier dealer status. This allows us to provide our customers expert product / industry knowledge, as well as genuine service parts.
- Worthington offer fixed and variable speed screw compressors, of which we keep a variety in stock. This ensures we have an immediate solution to businesses experiencing a major breakdown.
Benefits of Fixed Speed Screw Compressors
- Fixed speed screw compressors are the perfect application for industries where little to no fluctuation in compressed air demand is present.
- Lower upfront capital costs - variable speed isn't necessary / cost effective for all businesses.
- Reduced maintenance / repair costs - more basic level of technology installed.
- Most efficient compressor when met with a constant compressed air demand.
- A factory running 24/7 with automated equipment that consumes compressed air at a predictable & consistent rate, is a good application for a fixed speed compressor.
Benefits of Variable Speed Screw Compressors
- Variable speed screw compressors adjust it's outflow by reacting to the operating air demands from a workplace.
- An example of this is an industry experiencing seasonal demand changes. This can range from 100% demand, down to just 25% of it's capacity. The variable speed compressor can adjust its RPM, therefore saving on energy consumptions when capacity is reduced.
- Longer component life span, due to the compressor not being run at 100% on a constant basis.
- Lower level of system pressure allows for less system leaks.